In order to achieve their full potential, students need support and encouragement from parents and family members. By participating in school events and teacher conferences, engaging in homework, and seeking out opportunities to help students grow, these individuals offer the right environment for kids to thrive. Educators also know how important family engagement is; when parents and guardians are partners in the educational journey, teachers are best positioned to help students achieve at high levels.
If we want all students to #GraduateReadyNJ and succeed in college, career, and community, we need our families on board.
Resources for Parents and Families
- The Learning Heroes site provides many resources to help families understand and actively engage in their student’s education.
- We Raise NJ created these Questions to Ask Your Child’s Teacher About PARCC Results.
- The New Jersey PTA supports parent-teacher partnerships to advocate for student success.
- See resources from the U.S. Department of Education on family engagement.
- Check out this article from Care.com and this one from Edutopia with ways parents can engage in the classroom and school.
Resources for Educators
- See resources from the NJ Department of Education on how schools can engage families.